Facebook is a very popular social network today. Founded in 2004, the social network has been active since then and has only been growing. As of 2016, the network has more than 2 billion active users worldwide.
The service's name derives from the colloquial name for the book given to students at the beginning of the academic year by some university administrations in the United States to help students get to know each other.
Facebook allows any user who claims to be at least 13 years old to become a registered user of the site.
With the emergence of other competitive social networks like Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, kwai etc. even though they have different functionality.
Many of them have been trying to implement the most successful features on a network, for example, on their own platform.
This is what happened, for example, with the functionality of stories on Instagram, which initially was an app only for posting photos in the feed.
Now it has a functionality very similar to the proposal of snapchat, of sending photos for a certain period of time to some users.
With Facebook it could not be different and trying to imitate some of the features of the iPhone that allows the creation of stickers with an avatar created based on your caricature.
Facebook also mirrored itself to develop similar features so that its users can have fun and customize an avatar the way they prefer.
The avatars feature allows users to create figurines and images with their face so they can express themselves on the internet.
It doesn't take much to create yours, just accessing the internet and having the Facebook mobile version to create the avatar.
Once you create the mobile version, you can also use the stickers in the Facebook version for the web.
Facebook mobile and the new functionality are available for both IOS and Android and the creation of avatars is very similar to Snapchat's Bitmoji, which was already very successful on this social network.
Below you can check how to create an avatar on Facebook.
How to create avatar on facebook
Creating an avatar on Facebook is a very simple and practical procedure, so if you are already familiar with Facebook on the mobile version, it will be quite easy for you.
The creation of the avatar is a little hidden in the Facebook tools, but you can easily find it by following the step-by-step instructions below:
- 1. If you still don't have your Facebook account, the first step is to create it. It's a very simple procedure that can be done with your email and mobile number. If you already have the account, you must remember that the procedure needs to be carried out on the mobile version, so go to the app store, be it the App Store or Play Store to check if the app is downloaded and in its latest version. If not, just update it there.
- 2. You must open the Facebook app, click on the “…” icon and then click on “View More”.
- 3. Search for the word “Avatars” and select the “Next” button
- 4. You will be redirected to the customization page, initially selecting the skin tone most similar to you and then you must select the “Next” button.
- 5. At this stage you can customize your avatar the way you prefer. In the menu just below the avatar you can find several customization functions.
- 6. The first customization function is the definition of the haircut and it is possible to modify its color just by clicking on the drop icon next to it, then you can perform the same process with the color of the eyes, mouth, body shape and others. several customizable items to make your avatar as similar as possible to your version.
- 7. By swiping to the next screen, you can change the face shape, even add freckles and wrinkles to your avatar's expression to make it as realistic as possible.
- Finishing creating Avatar on Facebook, you can click on the above corner on the right part of the screen and click on the “Finish” button. It's important to make sure the avatar looks good like you. To carry out this check you can click on mirror, your cell phone camera will open and there will be a check of the traces.
- 9. Wait for the creation to complete and then click on “Next”. The avatar will be created and you can share it as you prefer on the social network, and you can even use it as a profile picture, share it in the feed, etc. Just select the arrow at the top of the screen. After creation, you can also use custom stickers just by clicking on the sticker icon in the corner of the image. Stickers can be used in comments on posts or chats in Messenger.
How to create your Avatar in Messenger
Messenger is an app in conjunction with Facebook that allows users to exchange messages with each other and it is also possible to create an avatar through the application, as the stickers can be used in comments on publications or chats in Messenger.
Just as creating an Avatar on Facebook must be done through the mobile version, on Messenger it works in a very similar way. Check out the step by step below.
- 1. If you still don't have your Facebook account, the first step is to create it. It's a very simple procedure that can be done with your email and mobile number. If you already have the account, you must remember that the procedure needs to be carried out on the mobile version, so go to the app store, be it the App Store or Play Store to check if the app is downloaded and in its latest version. If not, just update it there. After that it will be necessary to carry out the same procedure with Messenger, downloading the app and verifying that it is up to date and logging in with your Facebook account.
- 2. Open any conversation in the Messenger app.
- 3. Tap the icon to add Emojis and GIFs.
- 4. Click on “Stickers” and you will be redirected to create your avatar, just follow the customization step by step.